At Neopost Canada we are committed to respecting your privacy. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with personal information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. That is why we have published this Privacy Statement to inform you of our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information gathered from visitors to neopost.ca, and certain other websites controlled by Neopost (collectively "Sites").
What information does Neopost collect? How do we use it?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you register for an online service or when you provide information in connection with an online transaction. At times, in order to bring you the products and services we offer, comply with the law, or otherwise run our business, we may share your personal information with third parties. Here are some examples of what personal information we collect and how we may use it:
- When you register for an online service or when you provide information in connection with an online transaction, we may ask you for certain personal information which may include, but is not limited to, the following: your name, e-mail address, shipping and billing addresses, telephone numbers, account number, user identification, password, and credit card information.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional event, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so we can administer the program and notify winners.
- We may provide your personal information to our vendors or other service providers to help us bring you the products and services we offer or to facilitate our transactions with you. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to house our servers, host our Sites, manage accounts, prepare invoices, send email updates about Neopost and its products, remove repetitive information from our customer lists, manage contests and promotions, process payments for products or services, and to perform other services to help us run our business. Such third parties may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the purposes specified by Neopost.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Sites. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our Site and provide content of interest to you.
- We may be required to disclose your personal information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with other applicable laws. In such cases, we do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that the request meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activity. This may include sharing personal information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We may offer products or services jointly with other companies and we may share your information with that company in connection with your use of that product or service.
- If the ownership of all or substantially all of Neopost's business, or an individual business unit owned by Neopost, were to change, your user information may be transferred to the new owner. In any such transfer of information, your user information would remain subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Statement or policy.
We may also store personal information about you in cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our Sites in future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Sites.
Certain pages on the Sites may have software or lines of code installed within the page which provide us with information about the "clickstream" of our customers during their visit to our Sites. This also allows us to know which pages the visitors came from, what navigational paths they took, and which areas of the site they visited.
Neopost does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to Neopost. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
What about links to other sites?
Neopost may contain links to other websites. We are, of course, not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
What if there are changes to our Privacy Statement?
By using the Sites, you signify your assent to this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not visit our Sites. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms shall be deemed your consent to any such changes. We therefore encourage you to refer to this Privacy Statement on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current approach to privacy. Unless stated otherwise, our most recent Privacy Statement will apply to all personal information that we have about you and your account.
Tell us what you think
Our goal is to respect your privacy. To help us improve our privacy practices, please give us your feedback on this Privacy Statement. Neopost Canada can be contacted by mail at 150 Steelcase Road West, Markham, ON, L3R 3J9, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.