Mailing Campaigns for Marketing and Communications
This charity handles a large amount of mail. Its primary way of communicating with donors is through mailing campaigns. As Nick explains: “We send out four appeals and four newsletters to our donors every year. And every time we receive a gift we thank the donors with a letter.” In total Merchants Quay sends out between 20,000 and 25,000 donor thank-you letters (and over 400,000 donor communications) every year.
Folding and Inserting Mail by Hand
Before investing in a folder inserter machine from Neopost, MQI was faced with having to pack letters by hand every single day. This could take three, or four hours and up to six hours, particularly at Christmas time. This was time that should have been spent on fund raising. “This was not an efficient use of our time, especially as we have a small team. So we felt the need to find a solution to this problem.” confirms Nick.
Mailings that Save Time and Money
Since MQI has started automating the manual process of filling envelopes, with a folder inserter from Neopost, it has been able to get thank-you letters out almost daily. Donations are received in the morning and the charity posts the thank-you letters out in the evening. “This 24-hour turnaround is massive for us. It not only helps us save staff time, it also saves us money.” explains Nick.
The charity initially invested in a folder inserter from Neopost with one and a half trays. Nick’s team then purchased a machine which had three trays because they needed to pack more things into their envelopes. Thanks to the DS-75 folder inserter they can now insert a letter, a business reply envelope and an A5 invitation into their envelopes.
“I would definitely recommend this Neopost folder inserter to other charities and organizations. It has saved us time and money and has made our mailing campaigns much more productive.” confirms Nick.
- MQI’s goal is to build a society where the incidence of drug related harm – such as crime, poverty, HIV and homelessness – is greatly reduced, and the range and quality of drug services are maximized.
Key Facts and Figures
- High quality services for drug users since 1989
- Residential treatment services since 1995
- St. Francis Farm Therapeutic Community since 1998
- Serving over 8,000 people in programs based in 14 counties
- 87 cents of every euro goes directly to client services and only 13 cents to administration and fundraising